TravelPac Size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gstrek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am getting a couple different size opinions on the TravelPac - Medium or Large?

I seem to be between two sizes: slender/runners build. 165 lbs, 34 waist, ~18 inch shoulder to waist length, 5'9". size 40 suit coat and normally wear a medium T or polo shirt.

I am a tropical, travel diver and wear either a 3 mil shorty or no protection with 8 to 10 lbs using a Seaquest Pro QD bc.

If truly between sizes, am I better off getting a L or a M?

Thanks.

I am getting a couple different size opinions on the TravelPac - Medium or Large?

I seem to be between two sizes: slender/runners build. 165 lbs, 34 waist, ~18 inch shoulder to waist length, 5'9". size 40 suit coat and normally wear a medium T or polo shirt.

I am a tropical, travel diver and wear either a 3 mil shorty or no protection with 8 to 10 lbs using a Seaquest Pro QD bc.

If truly between sizes, am I better off getting a L or a M?

Thanks.

Hi,

You'll would wear a size Large in the TravelPac. Here is our size chart for the TransPac XT and it is compatible for TravelPac sizing.

PS: My husband is basically the same size and he wears a large, too.

Cheers,
Kathleen

Thanks, Karen. I spoke with a person at DR who gave me the same advice - Lg based on your chart. The shop I may buy from, given the same description, mentioned a Medium but this was via an email and not an onsite try-on. I won't have the ability to try before I buy so just trying to be reasonably sure I have the correct size first try.

--Gary

Figure I could ask this same question...

I just ordered an XL Transpac. I'm 6'1", 195lbs, not much of a spare tire, slender build.
I referred to the Dive Rite sizing chart and also asked DRIS reps if this was the right size and it seems to be. I was just a little more worried when I realized the borrowed BC I've been using is a Large Oceanic Probe LX, so when I realized I've been in a smaller sized BC that feels loose (mainly in the waist) I started panicking that I bought the Transpac too large. Some friends told me different manufacturers are a little inconsistent with sizing.

Any input would be appreciated.

The medium fit me just fine even though the charts had me at a L. The dive shop (Scuba Toys) suggested the M and it fits very well. I did have to lengthen the should straps a few inches and tighten the waist strap. It is dialed in and no regrets going with a M but I am sure the L would have been fine and may have had to shorten the shoulder straps rather than lengthen them. The size of the wing is the same no matter the size (correct me if I am wrong).

I did try it on after I got it, took a few pictures of it while wearing it and sent them to ST for a critique. They confirmed the size and fitting looked good.

I did have to lengthen the should straps a few inches and tighten the waist strap.

What do you mean when you say you had to lengthen the shoulder straps? You had to adjust them all the way to the ends or actually make some kind of modification to them to add more length?

The shoulder harness is designed to be adjustable and has several inches of adjustment. Mine are not adjusted all the way to the ends. The adjustment is a matter of un-threading the sliders on the straps, sliding the straps a couple inches and then re-threading the straps and sliders.

Got my Transpac last weekend and dove it twice. So far so good. Probably need to adjust the harness so my tank sits a little lower. My reg was hitting the back of my head a couple times. But the setup itself is light and comfortable. Like a normal hiking backpack kind of.

More to come.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom