Bunaken+Lembeh 12 nights trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Am planning a trip with 6 nights 5 diving days in each of those destinations
From what I can see Bunaken is mostly reefs and Lembeh is muck diving
I was planning of doing 2 morning and 1 afternoon dive in Bunaken with an odd night dive and 2 morning and 1 night dive in Lembeh as the night dives there seem interesting

Any comments or suggestions?

Good plan. I'm in Lembeh right now and love muck diving so much that I usually find it hard to drag myself over to Bunaken. I don't know if you've settled on accommodation, but Two Fish is excellent and they have a resort in both locations.

I can say that twofish offer good basic cost effective accommodation with good guides. Both locations available, lembeh one is more basic ie no pool but the diving IMHO is better. I did 6d lembeh and 3d bunaken in 2011 and wished I had just stayed inembeh. Bunaken walls are ok interns of coral but fish life is limited. Didn't see anything big, and thought Bali was better in terms of fishlife. Lembeh is however amazing and have 2 weeks in may this yr at twofish to see all the weird and wonderfull.

We stayed in bunaken for 5 nights in October 2011 and loved it, saw sharks and turtles on many dives. We stayed in cha cha , really really loved the resort and the fabulous food and the ambiance created by Raf and Reiko.

I did the same trip last year with TwoFish. Excellent accomodations both in Bunaken and Lembeh. We started with Bunaken and ended in Lembeh with the trip in between organized by TwoFish. In my view it is the right order because what you'll see in Bunaken is close to what you can find anywhere else but in Lembeh it is really unique and also different. Some will tell you that 6 days in Lembeh is too long because on every dive you'll see the same thing. That's not wrong but what you'll see is just unique. That being said, Bunaken wall are really awesome and I'd like to redo that trip this year.

Thanks for the input. I have extensive experience in critter diving (bali, kapalai, dauin, raja ampat)
On this trip I would like to have not just muck but also some good viz wide angle shots for my video hence the idea of bunaken
In terms of dive in Lembeh I would do as manu night dives as possible as usually they are good in those kind of places whilst bunaken would be focussed on day dives
Am I getting the right feel for the locations? any other twin centre other than two fish that is good value for money? (this is going to be on a budget)

My recommendations would be Two Fish as well. Not sure what your dates are but 2Fish has a 2nd diver 50% off at both Bunaken and Lembeh on stays more than 5 nights. This is only good to Mar 31. They also are offering some other discounts for low season. You might look at YOS Divers and NAD-Lembeh but NAD only has the one location I believe. Kungkungan Bay is also offering a dive show deal that saves $300 on a 7 night stay.

I'd encourage you to get to the east side of Bunaken for some mid-morning dives if you're doing WA and video. Very pretty, busy reef at the crest of the wall. Check out sites Timur I & II.

I've done a similar trip (Lembeh + Bunaken, 2 weeks) last year with NAD (Lembeh) and Living Colours (Bunaken) and loved them both! For me this has been a very good combination (muck and reef diving).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom