Want to do shark dive(cruise ship)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadivingtom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499

My son that is 20 years old, and I will be in Roatan on June 26, Cruise ship arrives at 8am (Carnival)

We will be diving in Cozumel for a week at the 1 st of June before the cruise.

Is the shark dive possible? Who would I contact? Thanks

It is sold through the Cruise Ship itself, the last I knew.

The dive operation is located a short ride from Mahogany Bay (the Cruise Ship Dock), Wiahuka at Roatan Shark Dive

I have been to Cozumel 17 times. The only sharks I have ever seen there are nurse sharks. I did see a couple of white tips in Thailand. I seen that their is a shark dive in Roatan and would love to try it. I don't see it on the cruise excursions online.

Contact one of the local shops and see if they can/will book it for you. Maybe Subway Watersports or Barefoot Divers - both have cruise dive programs. The regular 2-tank cruise dive operator is Anthony's Key Resort.

Barefoot can and does arrange cruise ship excursions. They also have specific sharkdives so you shold give them a call or email. Here is an excerpt (and email adddress at the bottom):Cruise Ship Shore Excursions Enjoy personalized service and exceptional diving and snorkeling at Barefoot Divers for your port call in Roatan. We're the only PADI 5 Star IDC dive shop on the same shore as the cruise ship docks at Mahogany Bay, just minutes from the dock, and the Port of Roatan dock in Coxen Hole is about a 15 minute drive away. If you'd like to try diving for the first time, we offer the PADI Discover Scuba starting at age 10. Non-divers can enjoy great snorkeling, rent kayaks or a pedalboat, or indulge in spa services.To arrange your Roatan shore excursion dives, e-mail Info@BarefootCay.com

While I am not positive, I thought I once read that Anthoney's Key Resort will not take cruise ship divers directly...must book thru the cruise line. This also could have been for their dolphin swim. I know that when I stayed at AKR they kept the cruise line folks and the resort guests seperated. In a week's time I think I only saw one group of Cruiser walking down the road to the Dolphin show.

Please let us know what you find as the four island cruise (Coz, GC, Roatan, and Beleize) is one I want to take and dive with friends.

Are you starting your Cruise in Cozumel or in Florida?

+ for Barefoot divers. Very good dive op and close to Mahogany Bay cruise dock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom