Weird Veo 3.0 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
OK so I'm looking to get the Veo 3.0 dive computer and I want the wrist mount version, but a friend of mine is selling his and its the console style. Its just the two console one. I know that the computer can come out but is there anyway I could make the pressure gauge a single gauge without the computer mount? Sorry if it is hard to understand the question, I just dont want to have an empty slot on the console and id prefer the wrist mounted computer. Thanks!

If its a good deal buy it and run it in the console. Maybe you can trade it for a wrist mounted later, in the meantime you have an SPG and good comp.

You can always remove the consol and have the naked spg. I personally prefer a naked spg as corrosion can be inspected for. The computer puck can be put into a brand specific or generic wrist mount.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

+1 on what craig66 said. I bought my veo 3 as a wrist mount and use a brass and glass spg. Having a lone spg is great and clips off on a d-ring nicely.

I own both a wrist and console mounted veo 3.0. I dive with both of them - the AI is backup to the wrist as primary but I started with the console.

I see no reason to dismantle the console mounted comp in the hopes it can be mounted some other way. YMMV

Peter, the OP specifically stated he would prefer a wrist mount - therein lies the reason for the dismantle.

Also it is not in the hope that it can be done but rather the certainty. I did it myself with my daughters VEO and now she has a wrist mounted DC and a neatly clipped off SPG in a stylish glass brass config. She loves it.

Each to their own I guess :)

Hey Craig - you're right of course. Good to hear you can do that, I may do it m'self at some point.

How did you do the wrist mount? Pics?

Last edited:
The one I used was a fairly generic one that mirrors the one on amazon that I got off eBay for $15 with shipping included. If you are in no rush that Is a good option and they pop up in ebay from time to time (usually through leisure pro). The oceanic one is really nice although getting pricy although with the oceanic option you could ditch the straps and do a bungee and if sent to your LDS is shipping free.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0051IHVMG

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/us/boot-wrist-veo-3-0/

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ok thanks guys, but i think my question was confusing. I was already pretty sure I could get the actual computer out of the mount. but then i would have the spg and on top of that an empty computer slot on the console right? or is there a way to remove the spg out and have it "naked" as someone above was saying?

Back
Top Bottom