Great day on the Peace to Santa Cruz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nankivell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
My buddies and I had an absolutely perfect day of diving on the Peace out of Ventura on March 2nd to Santa Cruz Island. The boat was chartered by Blue Water Photo. Seas were flat--brilliant sunshine--75 degrees (out of the water). Water was 52 degrees and visibility was decent around 40 feet. This was a macro trip designed for photographers. They really know how to run things on the Peace. Leave at 6:00am--you have time for four dives--and back to the dock by 6:30 pm. What a great day!!

How was the food? I've been very curious about what they were going to do with that, since Joe left.

How was the food? I've been very curious about what they were going to do with that, since Joe left.

The food is still good, best dive boat food out there, better than lots of restaurants.

Great to hear!

Yes the food is good. After the first dive they had a pot of hot tomato soup--simple but it really hit the spot after the first cold dive

The Peace is one of my favorite dive boats when I'm not diving Catalina,... and Blue Water is putting together some great trips, Glad to hear you enjoyed the combo.

The new lady cook Autumn does serve up a mean grub, but definitely lacked that "Joe-ness". The scrambled eggs aren't quite as fluffy and there's no more three different salsas & chips.

Still have plenty of soup and a very good lunch.

Joe's food was a little more creative so the food now might be down a notch but still the best local dive boat food I've had. Also still has a great crew.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom