hotel oahu & tips for snorkeller/diver combo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Will be in Oahu in mid-Feb. Looking for a hotel...we'd rather spend our money doing things than on the room, but want comfy beds and clean bathrooms! Suggestions?

Travelling with one non-diver so will probably only do one trip and then some snorkelling at Hanauma Bay. Any other tips? Anything MUST SEE?

Sharks Cove, Three Tables...Hanauma has a B-17 bomber in about 110 feet. Heard it isan awesome dive. Maybe even a Tiger sighting.

Well I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for but I know Island Divers has hotel/dive combos...

http://www.islanddivershawaii.com is their home page, the owner Matt is a good guy!

AD

alcina:
Will be in Oahu in mid-Feb. Looking for a hotel...we'd rather spend our money doing things than on the room, but want comfy beds and clean bathrooms! Suggestions?

Travelling with one non-diver so will probably only do one trip and then some snorkelling at Hanauma Bay. Any other tips? Anything MUST SEE?

Check out Apple vacations for package deals. If you don't do a package the Hawaiina Hotel in downtown Wai Kiki is a nice low end hotel run by Hawaiins, the rooms on the back street can be noisy, probably why they are the least expensive. Its about a 1/2 block fom the beach.

Hiking on Oahu is a good activity for non divers. Head up to one of the falls. If you have a car a drive up the tantalus is a must.

I dove with Reef Trekkers when I was on Oahu. They seemed to be a decent operation. I believe they don't have their own shop but they will take you where ever the best conditions are that day. They picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel in Waikiki.

If you are going to Hanauma Bay go early....very early. My wife (then fiance) and I tried one day at 9:00 AM and we couldn't get with a couple of miles of the place. Tried again later in the week at 7:00 AM and it mad a world of difference. There were only a hand full of people there and no one was in the water yet.

Unless you really like being around a bunch of tourist try not to hang out around Waikiki too much. We drove to the north shore several times during the week and it was worth every mile. The beaches were far less crowded and more beautiful than what was near our hotel. The one down side to Oahu is the only hotel I know of on the north shore is the Turtle Bay Hilton which is rather pricy. One thing I am sorry we did not visit is the Polynesian (sp?) Cultural Center. After returning home I read a little more about the place and saw it on the travel channel and I kick myself for not going.

you can check out www.reeftrekkers.com I do beleive they also off dive/hotel packages, but we booked our trip through expedia at a very reasonable rate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom