Two Harbors Camping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarineDvr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey,

Has anybody been camping at two harbors campground as well as diving while there. Is it possible to get gear there without loss of a limb or worse. We will be there mid July. Is Avalon a very good option (a lot of people though). Thx

Last edited:
Thx, any info on yak rental and if that would help with gear in this area.

Camping and diving at Catalina Two Harbors Camp Grounds is awesome. But you will be schleping gear. You can dive the east reef , or surface swim to Big Fishermans Cove (marine sanctuary for 30+ years). You can rent gear right at the Two Harbors pier but the air fills suck....
I read your other thread and I would also recommend the Avalon Dive park for a beginner....So why not get some dives in before July....then he wont be a beginner...

Camping and diving at Catalina Two Harbors Camp Grounds is awesome. But you will be schleping gear. You can dive the east reef , or surface swim to Big Fishermans Cove (marine sanctuary for 30+ years). You can rent gear right at the Two Harbors pier but the air fills suck....
I read your other thread and I would also recommend the Avalon Dive park for a beginner....So why not get some dives in before July....then he wont be a beginner...

He would love to but he is a college baseball player and our location here in Iowa is not very conducive to diving, with the exception of gravel pits, know dive trips there. Thank you for the info, Avalon is probably better for beginners, he has to start somewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom