Dive Club or Group around Toronto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roden

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking to join a dive club/group basically to get some some dive buddies to do diving around Lake Ontario, and Ontario in general. Mostly close to Toronto, but I'll go further afield (Tobermory, Kingston, wherever). Some clubs might have perks or seminars, or other interesting organized events. I'm not sure what clubs/groups have the most benefit. I've looked at the Etobicoke Underwater Club, but I'm wondering if people can recommend anything else. I live in the High Park area of Toronto.

Succi, or ajax are excellent clubs. Im with succi scarborough underwater club HOME-PAGE

Also theres one in Ajax Ajax Scuba Club
Also theres scuba2000 which is markham Learn to Scuba Dive at Canada's Premier Dive Centre | Scuba 2000

All 3 are great clubs depending where your located and which is easiest to get to.
Not sure whats in your area though. But Aquasub in richmond hill dives the humber in the summer. Learn to scuba dive at AquaSub Scuba Diving Centre located in Richmond Hill, Ontario serving the greater Toronto area PADI 5 Star instructor development facility your one stop dive shop

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the recommendations. Yeah I've been to Scuba 2000 and I like the people there. They are near my work, but rather far from where I live. Aquarius is closer to where I live. I'm more interested in meeting people to dive with, rather than a dive shop. Humber is actually fairly close to where I live. I would love to find some people to go diving there.

Succi, or ajax are excellent clubs. Im with succi scarborough underwater club HOME-PAGE

Also theres one in Ajax Ajax Scuba Club
Also theres scuba2000 which is markham Learn to Scuba Dive at Canada's Premier Dive Centre | Scuba 2000

All 3 are great clubs depending where your located and which is easiest to get to.
Not sure whats in your area though. But Aquasub in richmond hill dives the humber in the summer. Learn to scuba dive at AquaSub Scuba Diving Centre located in Richmond Hill, Ontario serving the greater Toronto area PADI 5 Star instructor development facility your one stop dive shop

Hope this helps :)

Ontario Diving

It is not a "club" bit it is a great resource to find people to dive with. It is just a smaller and more focused ScubaBoard. Meet up to dive with people at Humber a couple of times and then schedule other dives with them. From what I have seen, people on OD are open to new divers diving with them at Humber.

I signed up at Ontario, posted I was looking for dive buddies, and nary a nibble. Is it still too early in the season? I suppose I could try a paid club, but I don't like the idea of paying to join a club just to find people to dive with. I just wanna get in the water, especially so I can do some dry suit dives. I'll be renting suits and experimenting with fit. At some point I will buy.

Ontario Diving

It is not a "club" bit it is a great resource to find people to dive with. It is just a smaller and more focused ScubaBoard. Meet up to dive with people at Humber a couple of times and then schedule other dives with them. From what I have seen, people on OD are open to new divers diving with them at Humber.

Not everybody is diving at the beginning of April and if they are, would possibly want to do it with a known entity (the colder water does pose potential issues). I would say on the Ontario Diving site, watch the Humber Bay threads and post in there. Ask people if you can tag along. That may be the best way to meet a couple people and get known as a diver and individual in a reasonably simply and benign environment......this is what is really required to find a dive buddy. I have rarely seen a post out of the blue on it's own trigger a dive connection.....but then it is not never and anything is possible.

For what it is worth, that is my suggestion.

And be patient (as difficult as that can be with diving - I KNOW).....it will happen. Definitely talk to the dive shop you use and see what days they dive and arrange to "tag along".....usually they will be able to hook you up with a buddy for those dives. If you connect, then you have a buddy for life. That is exactly what happened with me 400+ dives ago. A day outing in Port Elgin with a dive shop got me a buddy that I now have close to 300 dives with.

I signed up at Ontario, posted I was looking for dive buddies, and nary a nibble. Is it still too early in the season? I suppose I could try a paid club, but I don't like the idea of paying to join a club just to find people to dive with. I just wanna get in the water, especially so I can do some dry suit dives. I'll be renting suits and experimenting with fit. At some point I will buy.

Not sure why you didn't get a "nibble" ...must have been a slow day on the Board. There are folks diving Humber Bay every weekend (weather permitting) pretty much every weekend throughout the year. With the weather we are having this week the vis will be terrible so I doubt you will find anyone out this weekend but I'm planning to get out to Humber next weekend for one last cold water dive before I head off to Mexico for some cenote fun.

I suppose I could try a paid club, but I don't like the idea of paying to join a club just to find people to dive with. I just wanna get in the water, especially so I can do some dry suit dives. I'll be renting suits and experimenting with fit. At some point I will buy.

The OUE run the annual Scuba Swap. This year will be the 22nd one. Its the best place in Ontario to meet divers and to buy gear such as dry suits. And conveniently, its next weekend.

ScubaSwap.org - Home

Not sure why you didn't get a "nibble" ...must have been a slow day on the Board. There are folks diving Humber Bay every weekend (weather permitting) pretty much every weekend throughout the year. With the weather we are having this week the vis will be terrible so I doubt you will find anyone out this weekend but I'm planning to get out to Humber next weekend for one last cold water dive before I head off to Mexico for some cenote fun.

Hm, if you are not averse, then I would like to tag along.

---------- Post added April 13th, 2013 at 10:41 PM ----------

The OUE run the annual Scuba Swap. This year will be the 22nd one. Its the best place in Ontario to meet divers and to buy gear such as dry suits. And conveniently, its next weekend.

ScubaSwap.org - Home

Yes I definitely want to check this out. I need lots. I will be on the lookout for a reg, BC/wing, drysuit, and a computer as well.

Back
Top Bottom