Maldives in June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rumblefish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Sorry, I posted this to the wrong forum, so I'm reporting this here.

Hi,

Hoping people can chime in regarding the weather in the Maldives in June. I'm going to be in the Maldives the first week of June and have been told that this is right in the heart of monsoon season. I don't want to miss out on some potential diving activities. I noticed that almost all the LOB are dry docked during this month. I did notice one boat, the MV Dreamcatcher will sail during June. The LOB representative did mention that while they will sail if they have customers, it's not the greatest time to dive as weather will be rough and potential dive sites will be governed by the weather.

Just want to get opinions on whether it is worth diving the Maldives in June.

Thanks.

I've been in the Maldives three times and every time was during June & July. One time we had one week of constant rain but this didn't affect the diving very much. The other two holidays we had some rain showers but it was not too bad. I don't know if I would go on a LOB during this time because of the limited space during possible rain showers. But I would return to an island in June/July without hesitation.

Back
Top Bottom