Took my Transpac out for a few dives since I'd gone hard plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fnfalman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I started out with the Transpac for its versatility, then I figured that most of my dives are in SoCal, so I went with the Transplate and SS plate. Then just for the heck of it, I went with the Halcyon Infinity. My Transpac became my so-called travel BC, except that I don't travel much except for a few freshwater dives here and there inside the Continental US. I can't remember the last time I took it out for a dive, so off we went for a sweet four-dives day trip at the California Channel Islands. She dived just as sweet now as she did when I was fresh out of OW.

I started out with the Transpac for its versatility, then I figured that most of my dives are in SoCal, so I went with the Transplate and SS plate. Then just for the heck of it, I went with the Halcyon Infinity. My Transpac became my so-called travel BC, except that I don't travel much except for a few freshwater dives here and there inside the Continental US. I can't remember the last time I took it out for a dive, so off we went for a sweet four-dives day trip at the California Channel Islands. She dived just as sweet now as she did when I was fresh out of OW.

Glad to hear your TransPac is serving you well! Thanks for the post, it means a lot.

Best,
Kathleen

I think that I may ditch the 45-lbs wing for something smaller. I don't need that much lift for single tank diving. The question is how am I going to "color up" the black wing.:D

I sold my transpac years ago, and just the other day I was wishing I hadn't. It was a great travel rig with exp travel wing.

I used to dive with a transpace and dr wing but switched over to the oycheq travel plate, mach v wing and transplate harness a few years ago. Lately, I've been having problems getting it to fit snugly (might be due to recent surgery)...so reached WAAAAY back into my closet and took out my transpac. It actually seemed to fit better than my other rig and want to take it on my June trip.

I no longer have my dr wing and want to know if I can simply attach my mach v with sex bolts to my transpac...anyone see any issues with just using the bolts to attach the wing to the traspac??

I no longer have my dr wing and want to know if I can simply attach my mach v with sex bolts to my transpac...anyone see any issues with just using the bolts to attach the wing to the traspac??

It should bolt up with no problem. I use my Mach V wing with three different plates (OMS, Halcyon, & Scubapro).

Glad to hear that!!

Since the cam bands go through the wing and oxycheq soft plate but won't be able to go through the transpac when using the mach v I wanted to make sure that just using 2 bolts to connect the tank and wing to the plate would be OK.

Will hopefully be able to get back to using my soft travel plate in a few months after my next surgery... it dries much faster than my very old transpac :)

You can weave cam bands through the transpac if the slots on the Mach V line up - I can't remember if they do or not. I use the Oxycheq mini-sta with my wing and just bolt it up to whatever plate I need to use for the dive.

It's not that they don't line up... the width that the bands weave through on my transpac is is twice the size of the slot they go through on my wing.

So, you weave the bands through your wing and just bolt the wing to your different plates. In that case, I'll just run the bands through my wing and bolt the wing to the pac using the top and bottom holes.

Back
Top Bottom