Three day Memorial Day weekend scuba dive event at Emerald Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geoff w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Malibu Divers has the Emerald Bay area used by the boy scouts and is holding a three day scuba diving event, with activities for non-divers too. All inclusive, including ferry, lodging, food and water toys. Plus demos from gear manufacturers. See https://www.facebook.com/events/258402717628517 for details (you don't have to be logged into facebook to access)

I am assuming you mean emerald bay, Catalina Island?
Yes - Catalina Island. I never thought to mention Catalina, but I guess there is also an Emerald Bay by Laguna. And apparently an Emerald Bay at Lake Tahoe

I checked the face book link and could not find the answer do you know what the cost would be to arrive and stay on my boat?

I checked the face book link and could not find the answer do you know what the cost would be to arrive and stay on my boat?
I asked the Malibu Divers organizer, and here's the response:
Private yacht to come over & only use the facilities, no food or transportation, is $60.00 per person. They need to call 310-510-4253 for mooring information. It will be challenging for Memorial Weekend for sure. If they want to add dive package, add $249 or total $309.

By way of comparison, the all inclusive dive price with transportation and lodging is $399 per person, or $150 for non-divers

Some interesting diving in the Emerald Bay area. As a phycologist, the red algal Rhodoliths covering the bottom in some areas were of interest to me. Years ago we tried to get that site for Jean-Michel Cousteau, but it didn't work out so he now uses the facilities at nearby Howland's Landing for his programs.

MEMORIAL DAY SCUBA DIVE & DEMO WEEKEND at Emerald Bay, Catalina Island, CA

This event is open to the Public. Dive Clubs, divers, non divers, everyone! U/W Scooters to try! Leading SCUBA equipment manufacturers will also be attending this Diver Weekend to let you try out their latest products. Aqua Lung, Atomic, Seadoo, ScubaPro and Zeagle among others. Memorial_Logos.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom