Stop Weights Slipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnny sea ranger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What can I do to stop weights slipping on a belt? I tried pounding the weights with a hammer to make the slit narrower but the lead just flattened without making the slit thinner.

Belt slide or twist belt once after going up thru weight and before threading back thru

How much weight do you currently wear? What's your exposure suit, tank type and BCD type?

On nylon webbing belts I like these in many ways over stainless weight keepers, but the plastic can and will break so don't count on them 100%. Rubber belts there are not a whole lot of options.

113674d1327260856-has-anyone-made-their-own-weight-harness-weight-belt-pocket-holding-clip11652-4692.jpg

I tried pounding the weights with a hammer....

Please refer to the flowchart, below. A hammer was not indicated as the correct solution. However, in scuba, a zip-tie can sometimes be an acceptable, if not preferred, alternative to duct tape...

flowchart-500x372.jpg

If you mean that the weights slide in the weight belt, for this there are those weight retainers.

Attachments

• IST weight retainers.jpg
    IST weight retainers.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 75
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom