Gas Management Lecture -- March 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Bubbles Below, in Woodinville, Washington, will be hosting a Gas Management (Air Supply Management) lecture as part of its monthly "Last Friday Workshop" series on March 29th, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.

So what IS "Gas Management" and why should a diver want to hear a lecture on it? Simply put, Gas Management is three things -- calculating how much gas (air) you need to get you and your buddy safely to the surface (this is the notion of Minimum Air Reserves or Rock Bottom); identifying and using a dive plan strategy that maximizes the safe use of your gas (air) during your dive; and learning how to estimate the amount of air you need to do the dive you are planning to do.

We'll go over all three of these aspects of Gas Management which will help you be able to safely plan your recreational dive.

Cost -- $15 which provides you with a coupon good for $15 off your next purchase at Bubbles Below of $100 or more.

Date -- March 29

Time -- 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 (or so)

Place -- Bubbles Below, Woodinville, WA

If you haven't attended one of these lectures, you owe it to yourself to attend this one.

Peter Rothschild

I can't tell you how happy I am to see this announcement. Hope the turnout is great.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

since I rarely go to a dive shop without spending $100, sounds like a free lecture :)

Reactions: Jax
Quick bump just to remind people there will be a Gas Management Workshop/Lecture at Bubbles Below in Woodinville tomorrow, Friday, 6:30 - 8:00 (ish).

You can sign up at Meetup.com/bubbles or just come!

If I was not clear across the country I'd attend this. Even with it being on Good Friday. This is a topic that every open water diver, especially new ones and students as well as more than a few DM's and instructors, needs to hear. Good on ya Peter.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Jax
I am sure it's too late for this class but a online webcast of the class would be great. I would take it from the comfort of my office chair.

If I was not clear across the country I'd attend this. Even with it being on Good Friday. This is a topic that every open water diver, especially new ones and students as well as more than a few DM's and instructors, needs to hear. Good on ya Peter.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I am sure it's too late for this class but a online webcast of the class would be great. I would take it from the comfort of my office chair.

That is a great idea. I would likely have paid to watch the webcast. Maybe for next time.

Perhaps someone would video and you could put it password-protected on YouTube.

Bubbles or someone could sell the password.

I'd pay the $15 to watch it too.

Peter, I am forseeing a new internet startup in your future. Might have to start looking up some Microsoft retirees for venture capital :)

Lynne now thinks I should record this and put it up -- in fact, it's not a bad idea and should be pretty easy to do. The PPt slides are, of course, all done -- maybe next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom