Do I need an STA for an Alum. BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rushonthebeach

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I usually lug around HP steel 130's and don't plan on doubles anytime soon. ( maybe I'll add a couple HP 150's) So need an STA or no?

I'm guessing you mean something like the Faber HP 149. My question is why? Almost 30 inches long, 46 lbs empty and looks like a buoyancy shift of almost 12 lbs or so. Why not just sling a bottle. What kind of dives are you doing that you need that much gas in a single tank. And if not using an STA now why bother with one for these?

I'd use an STA, my experience is that without one I've always had a little bit of tank roll while diving. my sugestion to you is to try it without one if your unsure, and if you feel the tank wobble get an STA.

if you have a Hollis wing I believe the singles tank wings come with a nylon "STA" velcrod between the grommets, that might end up being enough with the wider diameter tanks

My DRIS singles wing doesn't have slots for the cam straps to go through so I would.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom