Anyone going to Roatan, maybe alone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10traveler10

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just found an airfare from as Vegas to Roatan for $494+junk. Going from May 4 until June 1. Thought I would ask if anyone else might be going or able to go during that time. Never been there, always wanted to go, so here goes. AA had what I thought was a pretty good fare.......Thanks

That's a good price. It's normally closer to $800 from Vegas. I've made the trip several times on United/Continental, connecting through Houston. They layover is usually kind of bad except on Saturday mornings. I was at CocoView Resort from Jan 10th to Feb 10th of this year doing a dive-master program.

Not sure where you plan on staying, or who you plan to dive with but most of the dive operations are quite good.

I also happen to Live in Vegas, send me a private message if you want to have a beer sometime, I've been going to Roatan since 2007 and been there several times.

Jason

prepare to be eaten by sand fleas, and itch for the next 6 months....having said that its a hit an miss, i got eaten alive while my husband got some the first day but never itched

we stayed at Mayan Princess and dove with Mayan Divers, right off the resort
even though the bugs loved me i still plan to go back, the diving is great

That airfare is great, been planning to go late July early August but could change for cheaper airfare I fly out of LV too, St. George, Ut

---------- Post added March 18th, 2013 at 07:15 PM ----------

That airfare is great, been planning to go late July early August but could change for cheaper airfare I fly out of LV too, St. George, Ut
What was the time schedule on flights?

---------- Post added March 18th, 2013 at 07:15 PM ----------

What was the time schedule on flights?

One flight was $10 cheaper with an overnight layover in Houston, but this one is Chicago Miami Roatan, lots of flying but I can sleep on a plane, but not in an airport.........Anyway, I took it......

Dove with Reef Gliders 3 trips, always fun, small groups with good DMs. Enjoy a cold Tucher post dive at their little bar.

If I read the question right, it is where am I staying/ I think Hidden Garden Cabin s and diving with Reef Gliders, unless I learn differently from others.....LB

What area are booked at?

You won't be alone. Great atmosphere and great people at Reef Gliders. Walking distance to your accommodations. In the hub of all the action. Sundowners at 5PM Happy Hour and sunset is fun among other things.

Don't hesitate to contact me 9753-1398 and I can show you around too or just answer some questions over a bevvy. They know me at Reef Gliders.

Either way, you'll have a blast and meet lots of people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom