Catalina diving in spring/summer 5mm or 7mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive 7mm year round and stay pretty comfy. Im going to San Clemente this weekend and i'll be diving my 7mm wet suit.

I use a 7mm full suit with hood in the summer and 7mm full suit plus 5mm hooded vest in winter/spring. Booties are 5mm and plenty warm.
Gloves are 3mm and work out ok for me.

Welcome to the 'board, Travis. Most of us dive 7mm through out the year here, but every body handles cooler water differently. Begining of the summer, we are still in the mid to high 50s and late summer we can see high 60s....personally anything over 64 degrees F, my 5 mm hood comes off, but I'm still diving full body 7mm...YMMV.

Please feel free to drop on down to our local forum and join in the fun here: SoCal
Hope to see in the water one of these days.:D

Most here dive 7mm, some dive dry. On our shore dives at Laguna it's rare to see drysuits.

Last edited:
About a month ago there was a guy diving Laguna in swim trunks and a rash guard. WTF! And he was not in and out, he did a full dive out and around the reef. WTF!!

WTF!!!

I used to dive a 7mm but that was too cold, even in summer. Now I dive dry. 5mm is a rare bird around these parts.

If the water is under about 80 degrees, I will be found in my drysuit. I skip my 7mm all together, and only use it for free diving and kayaking on the ocean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom