Sizing Question- Women's Genesis Integrated BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoppy1214

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I've found a used BCD on Craigslist for $30. It's an Extra Small. The owner is 5'5 and 130 lbs and says it is slightly too small for her. I'm 5'2 and 115 lbs. Will this be a good fit for me? I've looked up sizing charts online and they're all over the place...

You already answered your own question. The size charts are all over the place. Why? Because there's no such animal as a "women's cut" BC. Women have just as diversed physiques as men. Women's cut from one brand may fit one type of woman's built but leaves the rest out to dry.

Choose another brand's "women's cut" and it'll fit another different type of female physique while leaving the rest out.

If you can't try it on for fitment, then don't buy it.

You already answered your own question. The size charts are all over the place. Why? Because there's no such animal as a "women's cut" BC. Women have just as diversed physiques as men. Women's cut from one brand may fit one type of woman's built but leaves the rest out to dry.
It seems to be much worse than that, if you look at the supposedly "official" sizing chart for the exact same BCD on different sites online, you get different results.

FWIW, I think for $30 you can't go wrong. With a price that low, I'd rather be worried about other, more serious things to be wrong with it...

What the name of the BCD and what year is it from? You should also try it first if you can.

Back
Top Bottom