Thoughts on the "new" razor 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GAdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for something with a little bit more lift capacity but as streamlined as my SMS50. The two harnesses I was considering were the razor 2 and the xdeep stealth, both look like they have had a lot of time put into them for the environment they were designed for. What do y'all think?

I had a Razor 2 and sold it after I tried out the Stealth 2. The Stealth 2 harness is easier to adjust without throwing everything out of whack, and the wing is much lower profile and doesn't balloon out on your back.

I had a Razor 2 and sold it after I tried out the Stealth 2. The Stealth 2 harness is easier to adjust without throwing everything out of whack, and the wing is much lower profile and doesn't balloon out on your back.
I've heard this from several people, I'll have to try the stealth out. I was going with the razor 2 for the dual bladder feature, what did you think about the redundant bouyancy? Did you take training from Steve Martin or do the adjustments on your own?

I did my sidemount course with Protec, following my cave training with them. The dual bladder system works OK, but it wasn't as important to me as the profile of the wing.

I tried the stealth, it works, just don't like the harness, the weight up the spine doesn't work particularly well and the BC looks like a beachball when fully inflated.
I love the Razor harness, the 2 piece webbing is something that i love, sheer minimalism. But again the BC is big when inflated, redundant though.
I had a friend of mine build a BC based on the Razor but it has a much lower profile than the Razor and the Stealth, can't recommend as friend wishes to remain anonymous.

Last edited:
I tried the stealth, it works, just don't like the harness, the weight up the spine doesn't work particularly well and the BC looks like a beachball when fully inflated.

Interesting, the weight pouches up the back are one of my favorite things about the Stealth--quick to adjust and easy to put the lead where you need it to trim out. There are two sets of loops on the wing to which the bungee can be attached--using the outer set gives you a little less lift, but avoids the "beach ball" effect.

I love the Razor harness, the 1 piece webbing is something that i love, sheer minimalism. But again the BC is big when inflated, redundant though.
I had a friend of mine build a BC based on the Razor but it has a much lower profile than the Razor and the Stealth, can't recommend as friend wishes to remain anonymous.

I agree with RonGoodman that the pocket and weight systems is the best I have seen on the market and you can adjust the waist belt and the shoulder straps with having to move all the d-rings around. The weight can be configured so many ways check this out. http://www.xdeep.eu/stealth-sidemount-weight-system-smc.html

I'm not sure where you getting the beach ball effect but here is the wing fully inflated to the point the OPV released and measured at the OPV in the center of the wing and around 3 inches thick and if you have that much air in BC you probably need to weight check. I have no business interest in the XDeep but I do believe they have one of the top products on the market.
The Razor II has a two piece harness not a one piece.

IMG_0379.jpg

Thanks for pointing out that somewhat embarresing fudge up i made. I found the Stealth BC to feel huge when inflated, might feel different for someone else.
Now that i'm feeling better (illness putting me in a sh*t mood) i can say that the Stealth is a nicely made piece of kit, a lot of attention to detail has gone into it. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Looking for something with a little bit more lift capacity but as streamlined as my SMS50. The two harnesses I was considering were the razor 2 and the xdeep stealth, both look like they have had a lot of time put into them for the environment they were designed for. What do y'all think?

GAdiver, not knowing your exact location, please check if there is any xDeep dealer close to you. If there is any in reasonable traveling distance put a request for demo dive. TecDiveGear as an Americas distributor purchased and prepared plenty of "demo" designated units to use by our dealers free so you will be able to experience the Stealth 2.0 yourself before you buy. Also after Beneath The Sea dive show we have more than 10 new dealership request so surely you will find some near soon.

If you have any questions, other requests and comments please contact us via PM.

Regards,
TecDiveGear

GAdiver, not knowing your exact location, please check if there is any xDeep dealer close to you. If there is any in reasonable traveling distance put a request for demo dive. TecDiveGear as an Americas distributor purchased and prepared plenty of "demo" designated units to use by our dealers free so you will be able to experience the Stealth 2.0 yourself before you buy. Also after Beneath The Sea dive show we have more than 10 new dealership request so surely you will find some near soon.

If you have any questions, other requests and comments please contact us via PM.

Regards,
TecDiveGear
Nearest dealer is a several hour flight from here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom