The dog days of CHUMmer v2.0 - Wednesday, Apr 10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phork

Contributor
Reaction score
UPDATE!! - 4.9.13 - Looks like we have the potential for some rain tomorrow and possible severe thunderstorms. Boneyard usually does pretty well at soaking up the water if it does rain but, I doubt anyone wants to stand outside in the rain. Depending on how tomorrow goes, we might need to reschedule. If we get some light rain, we'll still be there. Again, all the bark soaks up the water pretty well so we should be fine. If we get heavy rain and thunderstorms we'll reschedule it for next Tuesday, the 16th.

Aside for our mutual love for booze and obsession with diving, many of us also share a love in our pets (re: dogs {in this case}). It's been about 9 months since our last outing with the dogs, so lets do it again!

Wednesday, April 10th we'll meet at Boneyard Drinkery at 6pm to whenever. If you want to come early, no problem. If you want to come later, still no problem. It's located at 8150 Washington Ave, just north of I-10 near the Heights (map). If you're currently like I was last year when we went and are lacking the ownership of a dog, you are more than welcome to come as well. I can't speak for anyone else, but my dog LOVES attention so I'm sure you can pretend he's yours for a few, you just can't take him home.

If you haven't been to Boneyard yet it's a great place to relax, have a few drinks, lets the dogs socialize, let the peoples socialize and quite literally, my second home. They have a mix of local and non local craft beers that rotate pretty regularly and wine by the glass or bottle. The do not sell liquor but it's ice house rules so you can bring your own if you choose. They do have soda's and bottled water in a vending machine, but they are a bit pricey so it's best to bring your own. Wednesdays they have $1 off all beer and wine from 2pm-7pm so if you want, come early to take advantage. They also have $2 off all draft beers after 9pm so stay late if you like.

Most every night they have some sort of food truck and in my experience, it's usually really good stuff.

Like everything, there are a few rules for the park that I'll go ahead and throw out there to minimize confusion later.

1. All dogs must be spayed/neutered. If your dog is still packing or is able to pop out mini dogs, they are allowed to be in the bar or patio area, however they are not allowed inside the park.

2. No food inside the park (treats or human food)! People like food, dogs like food. We all like food. Unfortunately some dogs don't like other dogs around food that could potentially be theirs, so there is no food allowed inside the park. They have a nice patio with tables and chairs to eat at that is overlooking the park so use those.

3. No kids. It IS a bar after all.

4. Clean up after your dog. Nobody likes getting their shoes messy.

5. ENJOY YOURSELVES!!

So, come out and join us on Apr 10th and don't forget to bring your pups!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom