Attention, Great Lakes Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverbrian

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I would like an idea of the interest level here. I already have the name and information from one SB member. I will need eight more to make us an official club. The owner of the board is in favor of this as well. I am figuring on a group covering mainly Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin. I noticed that most of the Ohio divers are posting with the Kentucky Piranha Patrol, but they would fit in here too.

I have heard the name Cold Water Barbarians proposed, but I think that we can be more cultured than that.

Anybody interested is welcome to PM me for details. NetDoc will need the names, screenname, and phone numbers for ten divers. As I said, to make this work, we need eight more.

Let's see if we can't have an active corner of the board to show off our beloved cold-water wrecks.

PS Name ideas could be posted in this thread or PM'ed, but they would be appreciated as well.

diverbrian:
I noticed that most of the Ohio divers are posting with the Kentucky Piranha Patrol, but they would fit in here too.
yeah...we're fairly non-picky...we associate with all low forms of life...well, I do anyway...

Big-t-2538:
yeah...we're fairly non-picky...we associate with all low forms of life...well, I do anyway...

Well then i guess i would fit in right nicely too .... being a lower life form and all! :) Count me in Brian.

How about Great Lakes Underwater Explorers? As in, "i guess i picked the wrong day to quit sniffing ... uh i meant, diving with GLUE?"
:arrow: :)

I'm game, though I'm one of the "original" CWB's. The handle has some distinguished history behind it. :eyebrow:
What's "cultured" about having a chainsaw as part of your normal dive kit?
Anyone from a state/territory with Great Lakes shoreline should be eligible.

I'm confused. Because the rules were changed, clubs now have to be geographically based. Is that geographically based on where you live or (as this thread seems to indicate) where you have dived or plan to dive or either (both)?

I pm'd ya, DiverBrian. Its a good idea.

Barbarians? Hmmm...

Juls

Did someone say GREAT LAKES? Sounds like a great idea..

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Jchoby:
Sounds good to me...I'm in

Let's see.

Wrecktasia

Drysuit Dumbasses

Wreck 'n Rollers

Wreck around the clockers

Cold climate clowns

still thinking.....

The Chosen Frozen

Shivering Shipmates