6 inch or 9 inch hp hose

• 6 inch

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • 9 inch

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was wondering what the current hp preferred length is. 6 or 9 inch?

Mine are 14 inch long and that allows me to bring the inflator across my chest and clip it to the right chest d-ring. That way the inflator is just below my drysuit inflator and located in the center of my chest.

Mine are 14 inch long and that allows me to bring the inflator across my chest and clip it to the right chest d-ring. That way the inflator is just below my drysuit inflator and located in the center of my chest.

I've never heard of a HPI hose before ;-) I'm not sure if this is a LPI or HP hose question so I've put my thoughts on both :)

I've always used 6" HP hoses mounted facing down back along the tanks, I tried using some 7.5" hoses once a while back (the only place with shorter HP hoses only stocked 7.5" and I needed them quickly so I didn't have much of a choice) and hated them, the 6" hose allows you to reach the gauge itself quite easily and pull it in front of you.

The hose length for the LPI hose would be highly dependent on which type of bungee mounting you are using and which regs are used. I like the razor-style wrap around bungees along with piston style regs with a 5th port so the 6” hose is fine, even when the corrugated hose is routed across the chest to the right hand side d-ring. I actually use a 9” hose for the drysuit LPI hose although I think a 6” hose would be fine too, I just find the 9” hose if more forgiving on the drysuit valve.

Karl

I have tried 6" and 9" both down and lollipopped. I prefer the 6" lollipopped with my reg angled so that the small SPG sits right next to my drings.

Thanks, JemesK, as a sidemount newb, I'm more interested in why 6 or 9.

Mike D

Most sidemount divers are using 6 inch HP hoses. They are long enough to be seen easily and short enough to stay streamlined. The people I've seen go with the 9 inch HP hoses are the older crowd who haven't gone with readers in their masks yet. The 9 inch hose allows them to hold the SPG out a little farther for easier reading. As the sidemount diving population gets older we may even find some 12 inch or longer HP hoses out there... LOL!

As one of the older crowd, I find the 9" easier to read.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom