Sherwood oasis 2 vs Magnum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,
I recently bought two used regulators and was wondering if one might be a better choice as a primary setup than the other. One is an Oasis 2 and is already serviced, it is larger than the Magnum, which has not yet been serviced. Both of these have the original first stages that came with them when they were new I believe. Any thoughts / recommendations?

Thanks,
Richard.

Oasis+ should have a 2 metal veins sandwiched together and attached to the 2nd stage lever valve body. The veins extend out from the body in a 90 degree arch into the mouthpiece area. Idea being that the veins will catch and retain moisture from exhale to humidify on inhale.

Magnum lacks the veins.

Other than the veins and the newer looks, the 2nd guts are basically the same. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364777842.069809.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1364777879.832642.jpg

Thanks for the info guys, I will definitely use the Oasis for now since it is serviced, maybe try the Magnum after I get it serviced and compare the two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom