Need island suggestion for Baby Moon with the wife.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebrasil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

Wife will be around 6mo pregnant by end of May and we were planning to take a vacation before the little one arrives. We wanted to go to one of the islands that we could fly direct from Miami. I dive, but she doesn't. Dive quality is not a major factor this time around, as I am sure I can get some good dives in most of those destinations. We would like to stay right on the beach. Somewhere very relaxing, where we can enjoy walks on the beach and swims. We usually travel to budget hotels as we only sleep there, but this is a different trip. There won't be much activity for her, so we are looking for a nice hotel.

We started looking at Grand Bahama Island, but reading the reviews on the hotels didn't get us very excited. A lot of people complaining about food in the hotel, old rooms, etc...But maybe we are wrong. Is Nassau very different from Grand Bahama?

Considering anywhere on the Bahamas or Caribbean that we can fly directly from Miami. Looking to spend $150 to $250 a night, maybe more if it's all inclusive. Ideally a place more catered to adult couples.

Any suggestions?

It would be awesome to get some advice. Thanks a lot.

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2013 at 06:18 PM ----------

Almost 40 views and no responses? :depressed:

Look at the Marriott on Curacao.
AA fly's direct.
We have stayed at the Hilton beside it (Don't recommend by the way) and walked over to the Marriott for dinner.
It seemed to be very nice. There is a dive operation on site.

Option #2 St. Martin. The French side if you can find something you can afford.
Dive with Octopus Diving

Option #3 & 4 Either Belize or Cozumel. Lots of choices that are good at both locales.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom