Wisdom I Dive computer Backlight brightness or contrast control?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saridnour

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am having a tough time reading my Wisdom 1. Seems I have to hold it just right to see it. The backlight is almost not noticeable that it is on (as in hand over display to see if its active). I have changed the battery with a new cell and see the same issue. I inherited this so am not sur if this is expected? I read how good the display is but I struggle. DOnt have the best vision to begin with so jst not sure what to make of it. Will ask at my LDS but wanted to check here to see if there was more info.

1- Is there any way to increase the back light brightness?
2- Is there contrast or display brightness control to help enhance the display?
3- Any other options that I should be looking at to make the experience better?

Id attach a pic if it woud help but not sure it can convey what I am really seeing, but can if requested.

Thanks,
saridnour

Is this a know issue? Just curious why you just say needs to go to service as in if its a known problem. Any idea what this serivce will cost as its an older unit.

No service codes to make these changes? Did find one to do a rest.

Thanks again,
saridnour

Update: Stopped at my LDS and they thought it wasw ok although they had to go into a dark room to see the back light. They thought it was dim but functional. Stil love to find a way to get it brighter as my eyes have issues with dim.

Last edited:
You will need to send it in for service.

The Wisdoms don't have a great backlight to begin with.

I have a Wisdom 2 that Sherwood said could not be serviced, so I seriously doubt a Wisdom 1 will get repaired. Likely you'll get an offer to purchase a new W3 at a discount.

Sherwood just being lazy they can service that computer if they want to since it not flooded.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom