water temp on south side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

South side of.... Roatan?

Should be about 80-82 degrees, if you are diving the "front yard" of CCV, it can get in the high 80's by mid afternoon on a calm day. On the South side, most of the best is shallow (above 60') so temps at depth are not something that I really notice, maybe 1 degree?

At CCV, if you are doing the 5x a day, residual core temp is an issue to consider as well.

Was on the south side a week ago diving out of FI and staying at Parrot Tree. All boat dives at nearby sites. Never went deeper than ~90 feet and most of the time and better dives seemed to be from 35 - 60 feet or so. Computer said lowest temp on those dives was 78F.

80 degrees all week, feels a bit cooler about 50-60 feet down but it's been very windy until today. I've been diving in either a 3mil spring suit or a lycra shirt, my son has been trunking it. Most of the people here have either been doing the same or wearing a skin for protection rather than warmth. You should be fine in whatever you bring, but don't need much.

I posted before we did a night dive- bring something for protection, or dive at night with a long sleeve shirt. We swam the gauntlet of jelly fish getting to the swim step, and it felt like constant electric shocks. My son had a welt on his neck the size of an apple.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom