New FII Instructor on the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello all, I am now officially the newest member of the FII instructor team on the West Coast. I'll be teaching classes mostly out of Northern LA, Ventura, and Santa Barbara. I've just listed a new FII Level 1 Freediver course in Ventura the weekend of May 11 and 12. The course price is $295. The open water session on the 12th will be somewhere along the Malibu coastline depending on conditions. Learning how to freedive is a great addition to your skills as a SCUBA diver. It helps to get you more comfortable in the water, gets you closer to wildlife that are scared of bubbles, and sometimes you just don't feel like lugging all that SCUBA gear down to the beach:)

The Level 1 course is an introduction to the FII education system. It covers everything from safety & problem management, breathing techniques, & equipment selection to correct freediving methods for gradual depth progression. This course is ideal for anyone wishing to master the correct basic freediving techniques of our system enabling you to confidently freedive to depths up to 66 feet/20 meters. We highly recommend taking the Level 1 Freediver course before proceeding onto the Level 2 course.

Here is a link to the signup page and to FII if you'd like to learn more.
http://extranet.freedivinginstructors.com/app/public/signup.php?idcourse=844
FII - Freediving Instructors International - Freediving Training - Freediving Courses - Waterman Survival

Also if anyone is interested in taking the class on their own private boat please get in touch. This way you can avoid paying additional boat fees and/or the swim from shore out to deeper water.

Ian Elstrom

Back
Top Bottom