Tekna DV-3X help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hawkcrj

Registered
Reaction score
Just got a Tekna DV- 3X. New batteries installed and she is up and running great!

I built a vacuum adapter out of an old charge port plug. Pulled a vacuum with a hand held pump and it very slowly leaks down.

I had meticulously cleaned and greased all o-rings and seating surfaces in the reassembly .

Anyone got any advice on how to locate the failing o-ring?

Any CHEAP sources for o-rings and rear seals?

Has anyone developed a way to separately test the motor compartment to help narrow down the problem?

The Prior owner had the rear bulkhead out but failed to seal all screw holes with RTV...is this important?

:confused:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

maybe put the vacuum hose on the other bung of the pump and pressurize the scooter a little? Spray w/ soapy water, look for bubbles?

The reason that the rear bulkhead is sealed is to prevent a hydrogen incursion and resulting explosion. That is also why the absorbent pucks/bags are all over the place.

When charging, set the Tekna upright on the shroud and remove the plug and allow to vent for 30 minutes. Charge with the plug open. There is a capacitor/diode in the charge port to prevent a spark. Allow to vent for at least 30 minutes or longer after a charge.

I believe I still have the manuals but no parts anymore.

The shroud, prop and motor are great as are the handles, the rest of it, too fragile and under built.

N

Back
Top Bottom