Chicago Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here is a summarization of our trip.

Day 1: Sandy arrives back home around 1:30pm from work. Me, being the lazy arse I am, am still not out of bed. We proceed to eat lunch before packing up our essential gear; bathing suit, mask, and towel. We get in my car and proceed to the dive location. Outside temps are in the 20's, inside temps 75 degrees, water temp today was around 90.

It took us around 15 minutes to reach the dive site. Caught a couple traffic lights, got cut off by an old lady but I returned the favor. After paying to use the facilities we then proceeded to gear up and enter the water. Seeing that this dive site is very high in chlorine, we decided to use rental gear provided by the dive site for our BCD's, fins, and regulators.

We did our BWRAF and then proceeded to start our dive. Our maximum depth was around 9 feet for about 40 minutes. Nobody got bent, no current, we practiced a couple skills and just goofed around a little.

Some pics to follow shortly.

Jason

Me before getting in the water.

pool1.jpg

Me grabbing my long hose.

pool2.jpg

Sandy with some fish.

sandyfish.jpg

Me with no mask.

pool4.jpg

I was out of air here, but I managed to snap a quick pic first before breathing off of Sandy's long hose. :wink:

pool3.jpg

I'd like to say how jealous I am of your dive adventure. But I can't. My favorite pic was Sandy w/ the fish. That one made me laugh out loud.

PS. I hope you guys used a sunscreen w/a SPF30 during your SI. I've heard those florescent lights can give you a nasty burn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom