St. Lawrence & Camping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbitton

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My girlfriend and I have a few days off during the long weekends this summer and I wanted to plan a camping/dive trip to the St. Lawrence. Can anyone recommend camp sites, dive sites, anything else I should know about? We've only dived tropical so looking forward to a good first experience with Ontario diving!

Thanks. Mike.

Hi Mike, i can suggest you this site Neptune: diving in Ontario, Ivy Lea Campground

love the camping and the diving is really good and smooth

you can fill your tank near the camping at about 1km from the camping site at a shop called tek dive, can't find the website tho..

---------- Post added April 18th, 2013 at 11:35 AM ----------

here we go! Tekdiv Exploration

really nice guy! by the way I will be at this camping I think in the last week of july

My girlfriend and I have a few days off during the long weekends this summer and I wanted to plan a camping/dive trip to the St. Lawrence. Can anyone recommend camp sites, dive sites, anything else I should know about? We've only dived tropical so looking forward to a good first experience with Ontario diving!

Thanks. Mike.

Ducks Dive - Cottages

They have cottages, but considering how rural it is, I don't think they would mind if you camped there. (you would need to ask).

Ducks has an awesome dive boat for Ontario. It's a tugboat and you'll think it's complete overkill unless the weather goes bad, then it's "just right". :cool:

flots.

Thanks phaust, I'm gonna look into Ivy Lea. Have you stayed there before? If I'm there at the end of July I'll let you know!

flots, have you used Ducks before? There isn't too much info on their website regarding the diving costs, schedule, etc. The area looks amazing tho! I was looking at Sandbanks earlier but it was all booked up. This might be a good alternative.

GTA_Diving_Wonder, a house boat is genius! I've never thought to dive from a house boat! What dive club you in?

Thanks again for the info. Much appreciated.

flots, have you used Ducks before? There isn't too much info on their website regarding the diving costs, schedule, etc. The area looks amazing tho! I was looking at Sandbanks earlier but it was all booked up. This might be a good alternative.

I've only gone there on group trips, but they have nice cabins and a beautiful wilderness area and a boat that will handle nearly anything.

I don't know what it costs. You would probably need to call and ask.

flots.

Thanks phaust, I'm gonna look into Ivy Lea. Have you stayed there before? If I'm there at the end of July I'll let you know!

Thanks again for the info. Much appreciated.

Yes I go camping there every year for the last 3 years, I will be there from 26 to 30 july, after that still don't know where we are going to be (stay longer or going to sandbanks)

the camping sites are really nice, as I said, you are about 500 meter from a fill station (air-nitrox-trimix), the dive site is good and directly from the camping site.

Back
Top Bottom