California drysuit divers escape to Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fantastic report, and more spectacular photographs than I can possibly comment on. The Philippines have been at the top of my "must dive" list for a while now, and your report has only strengthened that.

I do think that, of all the photos, this one was my favorite, because it just seems to pull together a lot of why diving is magical:

KirbyRock4_zpsdb57e0c5.jpg

My flight is tonight so I hope the suspended sediment near Club Ocellaris has settled by the time I get there, Phil and Merry. Tee hee

So, I had a funny exchange with my husband on FB over this thread. I sent the link to him to say, "We need to go to the Philippines!" The following exchange ensued:

Peter: There's a picture of a SNAKE!!!! NO!!!

Lynne: Did you even GET to the nudibranchs?

Peter: No, there was a SNAKE!!!

Lynne: There were snakes in Indonesia, and you liked that trip.

Peter: I didn't like the SNAKES!!!

So the jury is out on whether your report and gorgeous pictures are going to get me closer to a Philippines trip . . . :)

The last snake was on our final dive. I finally got brave enough to lay in the sand while the snake swam right for me. My shots were blurred, but I held my ground. Then it swam to the surface to breathe before submerging again. I had forgotten that they were air breathers!

Absolutely amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing with us. :cool3:

How big were the nudies?

I thought that those sea snakes' mouths are too small to really bite people? Anyway, that's probably wives' tales.

They'll bite all right. Just don't get in their way when they are coming up for air.
Thanks for posting Phil and welcome back to cold water diving.
My wife who is from Anialo just loved all your photos.

Completely awestruck!
drooling.gif
Anilao has been on my bucket list for quite some time, but I think it just moved up a few notches.

So many incredible captures. Love the Mushroom coral pipefish pair, the Oxycorynia fascicularis and the Gymnodoris ceylonica.

How big were the nudies?
Some of the nudis were almost microscopic! I could see a spot on a piece of coral with rhinophores, take a shot, then zoom in all the way to see it in my monitor.

They'll bite all right. Just don't get in their way when they are coming up for air.
Thanks for posting Phil and welcome back to cold water diving.
My wife who is from Anialo just loved all your photos.
I forgot that they are air breathers. We followed one up to the surface, and Merry got a shot just before it breathed.
I had hoped for decent conditions when we got back so I could get back to "real" diving right away. I'm hoping for next weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom