Video of Schooner Typo in Presque Isle, MI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CzechDiver

Registered
Reaction score
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
# of dives
500 - 999
Presque Isle, MI is truly a diving mecca, the variety of shipwreck is unbelievable, and the water is clear, at times 150ft. Dave and I dove bunch of the wrecks up there last summer and one of them was the schooner Typo. It is one of my favorites, the bow is completely intact with the rigging still handing down from the bow sprint, anchors on its side and bell attached. One of the mast is upright reaching all the way to 106ft. The stern in contrast is completely demolished as a result of the collision with the W.P. Ketcham steamer and the impact of hitting the lake bottom. The coal cargo is spilled all over the floor.

We put together a narrated video about this schooner and we took a 1st place in the Milwaukee Amateur Underwater Film festival this last March. I wanted to share it. Please enjoy!

Schooner Typo - Presque Isle, MI (Lake Huron) - YouTube

Remarkable story telling video, Jitka. Congrats on your win!

Very cool..For 35 years I have been saying I will dive the Great Lakes some time...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom