Thinking about Mexico trip Next January with CCDS, had questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealsix14

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I last posted, but after all these Mexico Trip reports and posts I started thinking about taking that trip to mexico next January with Cave Country dive shop. I Was wondering if anyone who went with CCDS could give me a break down of the dive schedule for the week? I'm wondering because My Girlfriend isn't Cave certified (well not as of now but that might change) and I would want her to go but didn't know if there were any good dives OW divers could do or if time would even permit it. I know nothing about diving in mexico so any information would be appreciated : ). Thanks guys

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I last posted, but after all these Mexico Trip reports and posts I started thinking about taking that trip to mexico next January with Cave Country dive shop. I Was wondering if anyone who went with CCDS could give me a break down of the dive schedule for the week? I'm wondering because My Girlfriend isn't Cave certified (well not as of now but that might change) and I would want her to go but didn't know if there were any good dives OW divers could do or if time would even permit it. I know nothing about diving in mexico so any information would be appreciated : ). Thanks guys

I don't know what their schedule is like, but cenotes have cavern tours, zip line (Nohooch is a great example), Akumal has some shore diving, Tulum has the ruins, Cozumel has great OW diving, etc. It would be hard to stay bored in MX for a week even if you don't dive. I'm in MX now, my 4th trip here in about the last 18 months, and only two have been diving trips.

You'll love it. I went for the first time and ended up going back a month later.

Give Marissa a call at the shop, I'm sure she could provide all the information you would need.

Give Marissa a call at the shop, I'm sure she could provide all the information you would need.

Good advice. I haven't done the trip, but I do recall seeing the sign in the shop and I'm pretty sure it said OW divers would be accommodated. I think they use Villas DeRosa, and they do offer OW diving.

Hello everyone,

I went on this last trip ... and have already signed up for the January trip. To put it simply, this was the most well-organized, well-executed dive trip I've ever been on ... Marissa worked her ass off to make sure everything was thought out and everyone had a great time ... and we did. This was my first trip to Mexican cave country, and I was well prepared because she made sure I knew what to expect and how to prepare ... answering my many questions quickly and completely. We had 12 people at a variety of skill levels (one non-cave trained), dietary preferences, and interests, and she made sure everyone was accommodated. I couldn't possibly have been more impressed.

This particular trip we did have one non-cave diving spouse ... and I think she had a good time. Some of the caves have cenotes where non-cave trained divers can do guided tours ... a couple of them were impressively beautiful. As long as you let Marissa know you have someone coming who isn't a cave diver, I'd bet she'd have some ideas, suggestions, and probably some help arranging some activities for your girlfriend. I'd bet there will be others on the trip who also won't be diving the caves.

I'd give this trip my highest recommendation.

Oh ... and the accommodations were awesome ... here's a sunrise picture I took from my patio one morning ... that water you see in the background is a nice, shallow reef ...

IMG_2083.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks everyone, and thanks Jim, Talked to Marissa yesterday and got my answers. Really looking forward to going next January.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom