San Clemente Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keithbt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
leaving my boat behind this weekend...going on the Great Escape friday night to san clemente island....4 dives saturday...ive never been, so im real excited. Any spots i should request?...i also think there is still room on the boat for anyone else who wants to go..

There's a spot called The Arch. IIRC the top of it is @ 60ft and the bottom sand is at 110ft. They say you can drive a boat through it (if boats were submarines). I believe it's a the south end of the island. The reason I'm so sketchy is because I sat out that particular dive :shocked2:. But people coming back on board loved it.

I've never been, but my friend goes all the time and raves about it. Says viz is consistently better than Catalina. Have fun!

There's a site called Nine Fathoms but it's off the island a bit. A sweet place to find purple hydrocoral.

You don't really get much of a choice of sites at San Clemente. Cross your fingers that the Navy won't close off the island for war games or exercises at a moment's notice. On one trip, it was cut short because the Navy an an unannounced exercise. As we were leaving the island, we saw bombs or explosives going off. Gave me flashback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom