Hollis F2 strap adjustment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlier

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all, I finally purchased F2 fins for traveling. One question, I need to adjust the spring heel straps, but cannot seems to break the self-sealing threaded fastener. Do anyone have any suggestions. It is hard to fine a small enough Philips screwdriver, but cannot remove the screws. Thanks...

I own the same fins, makes sure your Philips screw driver is the right size, if its too big it will slip and damage the head. Try applying downward pressure on the screw head so it does not move and use a spanner to loosen the nut. It shouldn't be too hard. I don't like screw heads so swapped them out with hex key screws. Good luck.

Hi all, I finally purchased F2 fins for traveling. One question, I need to adjust the spring heel straps, but cannot seems to break the self-sealing threaded fastener. Do anyone have any suggestions. It is hard to fine a small enough Philips screwdriver, but cannot remove the screws. Thanks...

How did you get on?

Hi I used a small Philips screw driver with a small socket that holds the nut. After adjustment, I also swapped with hex screw heads. Simple, but a bit of a pain. I just purchased these fins, Since I travel so much, I thought that the F2 would be easier to pack, plus low wt is an issue in SE Asia. I leave for Bali in a few days, so I will get back to everyone on how they work.

Assuming you have at least one screw hole empty on your fins might I suggest putting a screw into it, that way should one come loose and fall out you will have a spare. Maybe a little paranoid but it can happen. Have a great time in Indo, safe diving.

Back
Top Bottom