F-2 Sizing Guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ams511

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Are you aware your website does not give a sizing guide for the F-2 fins.

A word of warning to anyone with small feet i.e 6 or less you will not be able to use these fins unless you are wearing thick boots and until Hollis come out with a shorter spring. There is no way the small is small unless you happen to live on a planet populated with Sasquatch. The small is large IMO, or at least regular. In fairness to Hollis, thank you Nick, they did eventually solve my fitting issue by providing a much shorter spring, I still have some lateral movement but its doable. After finally getting some use I do like these fins.

Or can anyone even confirm if they are the same size as the F1 fins? It appears the local Hollis rep doesn't like the F2, thus all the local Hollis dealers don't stock them, only the F1. Off the the interwebs I go but unsure on the sizing.

Can't help with that sorry but am curious why the reps don't like the F2s, did they happen to say why? cheers.

If Nick sees this someone's gonna be in trouble.

I have a pair of F1's that I use for my drysuit at home and bought a pair of F2's for traveling. I have used the F2's on two trips one I did a wreck class in and the other I did a cavern class in. I liked them a lot in the cave and I can do all the kicks with them. If I traveled with my F1's my bags would always be over the weight limit.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I have a pair of F1's that I use for my drysuit at home and bought a pair of F2's for traveling. I have used the F2's on two trips one I did a wreck class in and the other I did a cavern class in. I liked them a lot in the cave and I can do all the kicks with them. If I traveled with my F1's my bags would always be over the weight limit.

Would you/can you say if the sizes are the same between the F2 and F1?

I did try on some F1s a few years ago and from memory the regular was a little larger, but not by much, than my small F2s.

Would you/can you say if the sizes are the same between the F2 and F1?

I did try on some F1s a few years ago and from memory the regular was a little larger, but not by much, than my small F2s.

It would be a little hard to tell. I use a xxl with the F1's for my drysuit boots and have xl's for the F2's using 5mm neoprene boots. Both foot pockets are very generous.

Can't help with that sorry but am curious why the reps don't like the F2s, did they happen to say why? cheers.

If Nick sees this someone's gonna be in trouble.

Poorly Made, particularly the spring attachment. A foot-pocket that's made for a dry-suit boot in a fin with a weight design for warm water diving.

Also apparently an updated F3 and F4 fin are due imminently.

Poorly Made, particularly the spring attachment. A foot-pocket that's made for a dry-suit boot in a fin with a weight design for warm water diving.

Also apparently an updated F3 and F4 fin are due imminently.

100% agree in that one.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with the quality of the spring attachment. The finish is a little rough on the ones I received. The sizing is most definitely wonky the small is no way a small.

Am very interested to see if they are completely new fins or, particularly in regards to the F2s, just improved versions.

Back
Top Bottom