We're real!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_paula

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yeahhhh!!! Let the 'wreck'ing begin.

Just wanted to say "Hi".

Can't wait to get to know everyone.

Paula

Same here. It seems like not too long ago that we started this. By the way, let's agree to keep the Zebra Mussels off of our mascot.

So this is home, thanks for getting the ball rolling diverbrian.

Mike

Good Job Brian...congrats! When and where is the first GLWC Dive Party? LOL

...that the first winter meeting of the 'Wrecking Crew' should be at Frankenmuth at the Black Forest Brewery where the micro-brewed beer is just excellent and the food is even better! Besides, Frankenmuth is still the number one tourist stop in the mid-west, so there is plenty of shopping and lots of rooms available in the local motels, at a winter rate right now....

Just my $.02!

diverbrian:
Same here. It seems like not too long ago that we started this. By the way, let's agree to keep the Zebra Mussels off of our mascot.
Well...I guess this means we need some sort of mascot....

Good work Brian...and I like the name

-T

I have some ideas. Nothing shows off Great Lakes Diving like an old wooden wreck in pristine condition. But how to make that work? Hmm......

frankenmuth_tom:
...that the first winter meeting of the 'Wrecking Crew' should be at Frankenmuth at the Black Forest Brewery where the micro-brewed beer is just excellent and the food is even better! Besides, Frankenmuth is still the number one tourist stop in the mid-west, so there is plenty of shopping and lots of rooms available in the local motels, at a winter rate right now....

Just my $.02!

If people want to have a get-together, that wouldn't be a bad place except that somewhere in the more Southern part of the state might be better for the reason of being central to the majority of the other areas (ie. Windsor, Illinios, Indiana, southern Wisconsin). Chicago area might even be considered for that reason (although I have never been there and get lost in cities easily).

But, Tom, I have to agree on that Black Forest Brewery. You and I agree on on statement:

Life is too short to drink cheap beer!

Brian

diverbrian:
IBut how to make that work? Hmm......
I agree a trip with diving some woodys and shooting some good pics is what we need in order to find the correct mascot. That and plenty of beer for the boat ride in.

I have a digital camera now, Big-T. Anytime you want to start diving to get the photos, I am more than willing to join you. And the beer is great for when we are done.

Back
Top Bottom