Saw something at Keystone Jetty...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin4Christ

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
that I haven't ever seen before.

It was right after we went under in the sandy area at about 7 fsw. A bunch of what looked like eels, that were a red color and just a few inches long came out of the sand and hid in the red kelp not too far away. I looked in my Whelks to Whales but the only thing that looked like these were juvenile Wolf Eels. Could this be what they were?

By the way, first time posting on Scubaboard. Been a lurker for awhile and figured this would be a good place to ask.

I remember when I saw my first one in the Hood. Gunnels. They come in different colors. Check out Northwest Dive Club pictures.

Yep that's them!

Thank you for the help.

On a side note, viz was good around the pilings but not so good around the jetty. Oh and the Ling Cod fishermen were out in force. Not a single parking spot available. We had to "make our own" parking spot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom