Questions regarding Oceanic OCS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willsterstyle

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just a quick question that I was wondering if you could help me answer for the Oceanic OCS. I tried looking through the manual but couldn't find any information regarding this.

1) Is there a way to change the temperature to read celsius instead of fahrenheit?
2) Is there any way of deleting or resetting the history?

1) You just go to the settings menu and change the units from IMPERIAL to METRIC ? That should change the temperature to Celsius and the Depth to Meters

About the history i actually dont know , but it would be nice to know :) Are you happy about your watch/computer?

I actually just received this unit a few days ago so I've been playing around with it.

I have to say that the instruction manual is terrible to go through but I guess what manual isn't.

Loving the design, style and watch functions of it so far but that's just been me wearing it around as a normal watch. Do you have this dive computer as well?

No not yet, but i have been looking at it ... Well, A LOT :wink: heh ... I an pretty sure im gonna have to go get it for myself soon :i when are you gonna get a chance to take it in the water ? :)

.....I have to say that the instruction manual is terrible to go through but I guess what manual isn't.....
The OCS comes with the free OCS Online Class. Just register the OCS with Oceanic and they will send you an activation Code.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

The OCS comes with the free OCS Online Class. Just register the OCS with Oceanic and they will send you an activation Code.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Awesome tip! I had no idea.

Quick Q. Once I register with the activation code that Oceanic provides, how long is the training videos available on DCT for? Is it lifetime or a limited amount of time?

Its available for a year, then you have to buy a new subscription .. Why didnt you answer MY question ? :D lol

Its available for a year, then you have to buy a new subscription .. Why didnt you answer MY question ? :D lol

Whoops! My mistake!

I probably won't have a chance to go anytime soon unfortunately. This was a bit of an impulse purchase. I might be heading down to Los Cabos in Mexico in October. The big trip in the works would be in 2014 when I head down to the Maldives!

Wish I could do more diving locally but unfortunately being from Canada, there aren't that many options.

Oh thats too bad , i would love to hear your opinion about it ... Its hard to find somebody who actually owns an OCS that you can ask question about it. :)

That's what I've found as well. There really isn't that much information about it at all. I'll try to post some detailed reviews once I actually get to use it.

Back
Top Bottom