First dive of the year last night, found a wreck.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I got a tip that there is a wrecked party barge in an area lake and my buddy and I went to look for it last night. We had a great dive in shallow 45 degree water but did not find the barge. We did however find a sunk wood pirogue type boat stuck in the silt in about 22 feet of water.

My new wetsuit kept me wonderfully warm, saw lots of fish, found a few bottles.

We are going back to look for the barge again later this week or early next.

Jerry

Very cool. What lake?

Fisher Lake

I heard about this from a guy who's buddy flies a light plane in the area and said he could see the barge in the water from the air. I looked on google earth and see what might be a boat right where it was described to me and we ran over that are and did not pick up anything on the sonar. now being i do not have a sidescan the beam width is pretty narrow so we may have missed it as we passed over. For the dive we were too close to shore and too far northeast to hit the spot that I can see on google earth. the water is about 18 feet in that spot and last night it was clear enough to snorkel and see the bottom.

I'll go look some more on thursday if the weather is good. It was sure nice to get out and do something last night.

Cheers
Jerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom