Bpw...gonna give it a try.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cb5150

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, after collecting dust in my closet for about a year I finally decided to add a wing and harness to my SS Apeks backplate and see if I would like this whole Bpw thing.

I purchased a 30# Apeks wing, a stainless STA, a one piece harness and a couple of tank bands. I chose the Aqualung SureGrip tank bands over the regular cam bands based on nothing other than they are what I currently use on my Zeagle BCD. I also bought a couple SureLock weight pockets, but I'm not 100% sure that I'll use them. I may just buy a couple of smaller dump style weight pockets or cam band weight pockets.

Anyway, one of the instructors showed me how to assemble everything with the warning that it will probably take several dives before I get the harness adjusted perfectly.

I haven't taken a dive in it yet and I'm trying to keep an open mind. The first thing that really struck me as different is that it doesn't have that carry handle loop thing like on regular recreational BCDs. It seemed a bit cumbersome trying to get it set at the right height on the tank.

Maybe this is something you just get used to after a while.

The Dive Life as you now know it now will never be the same again.

The water will be bluer.
The fish will be more abundant and flamboyant.
The oceans will be calmer.
The sun will be sunnier.
Your trim will instantaneously improve.
Dive agencies will all train to the same and perfect standards harmoniously.
Your dive buddy will be less than adequate until they dive with a BP/W too.
Christmas will be Merrier.
The Easter Bunny's eggs will be more colorful.
Politicians will be honest and have "your" interests at heart.
World Peace will be at hand.

You will be the David Hasselhoft of Texas.
DH.jpg

The Dive Life as you now know it now will never be the same again.

The water will be bluer.
The fish will be more abundant and flamboyant.
The oceans will be calmer.
The sun will be sunnier.
Your trim will instantaneously improve.
Dive agencies will all train to the same and perfect standards harmoniously.
Your dive buddy will be less than adequate until they dive with a BP/W too.
Christmas will be Merrier.
The Easter Bunny's eggs will be more colorful.
Politicians will be honest and have "your" interests at heart.
World Peace will be at hand.

You will be the David Hasselhoft of Texas.
View attachment 153974

Never mind...I just poured lighter fluid on my Bpw and set it on fire. Thanks anyway!

Well, however it goes, I'm glad you got out of that dusty closet . . .

Well, after collecting dust in my closet for about a year I finally decided to add a wing and harness to my SS Apeks backplate and see if I would like this whole Bpw thing.

I purchased a 30# Apeks wing, a stainless STA, a one piece harness and a couple of tank bands. I chose the Aqualung SureGrip tank bands over the regular cam bands based on nothing other than they are what I currently use on my Zeagle BCD. I also bought a couple SureLock weight pockets, but I'm not 100% sure that I'll use them. I may just buy a couple of smaller dump style weight pockets or cam band weight pockets.

Anyway, one of the instructors showed me how to assemble everything with the warning that it will probably take several dives before I get the harness adjusted perfectly.

I haven't taken a dive in it yet and I'm trying to keep an open mind. The first thing that really struck me as different is that it doesn't have that carry handle loop thing like on regular recreational BCDs. It seemed a bit cumbersome trying to get it set at the right height on the tank.

yes, you will, I don't even notice it. Hope you like it. Good luck.

Not really. After the first few times, your cam straps will develope memory grooves anyway. Also, since that you have two straps, you don't have to tighten the bejesus out of them in order to keep the tank from coming loose.

Maybe it is time to look into getting a BPW based on oldbear's last item! I could be the Hasselhoff of FL!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom