Memorial Day Weekend Liveaboard Trip, San Clemente Island;

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
:jump013: For you other East of the Rockies divers who have never done a kelp forest dive - or even if you have, here's a wonderful opportunity. The mystic feeling of flying thru a wavey jungle, pacific fishes & invertebrates, plants in all sorts of colors. :fish:

Or, how about a really cheap deal on virtually all an inclusive weekend with unlimited air fills & diving?

Everything I've read on SB about the Great Escape boat and captain sounds great. I understand that the captain can rent us tanks and weights for the weekend.

For more information, other contact information: PM me, or email me at DandyDon@MyCellOne.com
Bookings are first come, first serve; deposits due by Feb 28.

Don like I told you before i'll be there!. I grew up on the pacific coast but never dove there. I did alot of claming and crabing and salmon fishing there but to see it from the fish's veiw priceless

Mike

Good news, Mike. This is pretty cold water, by the way. A lot of folks will be in drysuits, and I'm thinking 7 mil wetsuit, with neop hood, gloves, and booties.

Most on the boat will drive in, but - I'll be looking into flight times soon, so those of us flying in can plan on getting to LAX about the same period, then group up for Super Shuttle discounts. We can't board the boat until 8pm, so there's no point in getting to the marina too early. I'll also check on supper possibilities for the marina, too.

I guess you'll be staying with your brother after we return to port, but I'll talk to a hotel there about a small block of rooms at a discount for those of us who need digs to sleep off our wait before flying.

don

I've got the 7mil suit and hood and bootie's no prob. I've tried it on but have never used it! its way way to much insulation for out here. sense i havnt got aholed of my brother in Long Bch yet put me down for one of those rooms. also I'll put the trip in my fare watcher and PM you if I get a deal on flights. what are some of the Depths will be diving at ?.

Right now in May. DFW to LAX (RT) is $283 thats pretty fare

Mike

Put me down as definite. I just booked the flight on Soutwest
Itinerary:
Friday, May 28 - ALBUQUERQUE NM(ABQ) to LOS ANGELES INTL(LAX)
Flight 485 V
Depart ALBUQUERQUE NM(ABQ) at 01:30PM and
Arrive in LOS ANGELES INTL(LAX) at 02:30PM

Tuesday, June 01 - LOS ANGELES INTL(LAX) to ALBUQUERQUE NM(ABQ)
Flight 2069 V
Depart LOS ANGELES INTL(LAX) at 07:05AM and
Arrive in ALBUQUERQUE NM(ABQ) at 09:50AM

Lets get together and share the shuttle at least for the trip down to the pier.
Looking forward to blowing bubbles with all of you in the kelp.

swimswitheagles:
Don,
Looks like a good deal to me. Keep me posted. I've never done San Clemente. What's it like? Do you see more than you would at Catalina?

I've never done San Clemente Island, either. Same general ecos system, but some difference from Catalina. ABQDiver, can you add something to that...?

Actual sites will depend on the weather, subject to change, but I'm couning on a good time.

For details, go to the trip dates in at the bottom of this post and click on CLICK for a quick link...

don

Well, one of the divers from east of the Rockie who was going ran into a family conflict; if your teenage girl is going to be in a dance recital, you're not going diving. And another ran into a medical conflict. But I'm still going, and the trip is certainly a go...

I'm sure that the boat will fill up - well, the extent they allow on this trip, as they don't allow a full boat - but if anyone would like my help with this, send me a PM or Email. DandyDon@MyCellOne.com Driving to a Calf live-aboard is common stuff for the locals, but flying in from this side can be more challening logistically - and I'll help as I can. :icosm08:

don

What boat are you guys going on (did'nt catch that part)? :LIFSAVR:
How do I get on the band wagon?
Went out last weeken and the water was 57f (like bathtub water in a 5mm) :frosty:
Also how many people are already going ? (private charter) anyone?

Just heard from Esther, and they still have space available. I'll send you the info in a PM...

:wink: don

Back
Top Bottom