Which wing to use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Which wing? I am going to PCB FL on Sun to do 2 tanks. I am finish up my deep diver cert and wanted to know if I am using a dive rite travel wing with LP95s will that have enough lift? Or should I put my Rec wing on? I will also be slinging a 30.

---------- Post added May 10th, 2013 at 10:28 PM ----------

My Travel wing is the new exp and I think is only rated to 25lbs of lift?

Which wing? I am going to PCB FL on Sun to do 2 tanks. I am finish up my deep diver cert and wanted to know if I am using a dive rite travel wing with LP95s will that have enough lift? Or should I put my Rec wing on? I will also be slinging a 30.

---------- Post added May 10th, 2013 at 10:28 PM ----------

My Travel wing is the new exp and I think is only rated to 25lbs of lift?

Required wing capacity is mostly a function of exposure suit buoyancy. Divers use BC's to compensate for the change in buoyancy of their exposure suit.

Tobin

You have about 8 pounds of expendable air (10 LB total) that you will need to support at the beginning of the dive in adition to suit buoynacy loss that Tobin mentioned. If your wing is able to inflate to the rated displacement this leaves 17 pounds to offset neoprene compression. If you have a nice new buoyant suit it could be close. It's a given that you are taking it deep. Be sure to get a good weight check prior to the dive.

I confirmed the Travel Wing as a 25 pounder. The Rec Wing would be safe for sure at #45 if you don't mind diving that thing with a single.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom