common sense.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
For all of you people that were at sharks cove today that elected to call your dive due to the conditions, I applaud your decision, for those of you who elected to go out there anyway, I can only hope you made it back and can take something positive from the experience.

well, a friend of mine says "wisdom comes from experience, experience comes from a lack of wisdom" Hope nobody got hurt

I was planning on going, since it was a club dive, but I ended up on a boat instead, and a good thing, apparently.
I dove fire house for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I had never dived there but I did it because I had people to guide me. The surf picked up during the dive and the exit was not pretty. I ended up helping one of our group escape being pinned against the rocks by the surf. I was so glad I wore gloves that day. That was my first North Shore dive. I thought I was already conservative about evaluating conditions on Oahu but now I'll be even more so.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." -Will Rogers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom