After practicing all winter I finally did my first dives on the Great Lakes (pics)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00wabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Yesterday we dove the Mack and the Wells Burt in Lake Michigan. Most of the photos are of the Wells Burt. My favorite feature was the Dead Eyes.
We will definitely be back for a more in depth look at the Mack and others.

Water Temp at the Mack was 41 and the Wells Burt was in the 50's

Great Lakes Wreck Dives 5-18-13 - a set on Flickr

Is that you in the pictures? Because if it is, all that practice has really paid off!

Just curious, what wide-angle lens are you using on your RX-100?

Is that you in the pictures? Because if it is, all that practice has really paid off!

Nope that's my buddy in the pics, but I believe I'm not far off. The only thing I need to learn is when taking vertical pictures hold the camera with my right hand up. If I hold it with my left hand up I dump my drysuit :) took me a while to figure out why I sank after I took a photo. I still forget to go right hand up on the vertical shots.

---------- Post added May 19th, 2013 at 08:30 PM ----------

Just curious, what wide-angle lens are you using on your RX-100?

I'm using an older Ikelite WA 20. I will replace it one I get the money. Its not wide enough for the rx100 so you see the edges of the lens if you zoom all the way out and I hope a newer one will be a bit sharper. I will probably spend the money for the INON lens. It seems to be the best and you can add a dome to it to increase the field of view.

This lens works for now. I picked it up cheap on scubaboard.

thanks for the pics, I am planning to dive those later this summer. I was going to go dive the mack last fall but the weather shut us down.

Jerry

Nice! i'm so jealous as to the lack of zebra mussels there - Erie is slammed :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom