Seabreeze Inn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmneus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm just looking for general info from someone who has stayed here, is it overall comfortable, is it beach front, how is Ocean Connections? Is there decent shore diving? Are there restaurants and stores/markets within walking distance? Any other tips would be amazing!
Thank you!

To me beds are a bit hard, other than that I'm well pleased. Yes to everything else you've asked except no ocean view. Just remember for the price it's not going to be the Ritz.

---------- Post added May 20th, 2013 at 02:15 PM ----------

Oops sorry. I can't comment on shore diving. As for ocean connections, I used to love them but they had an ownership change. This is not to say anything about Ocean one way or the other. I just ended up at West End Divers and have been well satisfied. Ocean Connections very convenient to Seabreeze. I've never heard anything negative about OC.

I'm just looking for general info from someone who has stayed here, is it overall comfortable,
I haven't.
is it beach front,
The water is across the road. Beach might be a stretch in that area. There's a lot of docks and it's not very wide.
Is there decent shore diving?
No, the reef is too far out on the north side generally. There's only a dozen shore dives on Roatan. Near the West End you can get in at Seagrape and drift into Half-Moon bay. With gear, you 'd need a ride there. It's dive #8 here: Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Honduras, Roatan, Caribbean The Half Moon Bay site is where you'd get out if you did the Seagrape dive. The Front Porch site is at Anthony's Key - 5mins. drive away. The first three listed are all at Cocoview - about a 40 min. (and probably $50) cab ride. IDK anything about the others.

Are there restaurants and stores/markets within walking distance?
I think Rotisserie Chicken is right near Seabreeze. There's at least another dozen bar/restaurants within a block also. Argentinean Grille, Tong's Thai, the restaurant above Coconut Tree Divers, the Lighthouse, Sundowners Bar, all are within an easy stroll. And several local vendors selling out of pickup trucks - they had good stuff daily - we bought fruit/vegetables from them. Here's a partial list: Roatan Travel Guide - Restaurant Reviews

There's two stores in the West End. The Coconut Tree store has some staples, it's geared towards the real basics - not a very big place. About a block from SeaBreeze. 1/2 block farther is Woody's Market - Woodies Grocery Store in West End, Roatan Island

There's a large food store in Coxen Hole and another in French Harbor - Eldon's - that's probably the best on Roatan. Both are on the south side so a cab to either would run you about $15-20 one way.

Many of the tourist shops are in the West End. There's also a Mares factory store in West End Village - a short distance away. And some of the dive operators are very well equipped also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom