poor customer service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Augustus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I sent my wifes bc in for repair first of the month. I later phoned to confirm the BC had been received. Well Oceanic decided the BC could not be repaired but never contacted me to give me the news. We live in Mexico and had planed to pick up the repaired BC on our return through the states next week. I had a friend call Oceanic yesterday and at that point was told the BC could not be repaired and we could get a new one with a 20% discount (wow!). I don't mind that the unit could not be repaired but I am very unhappy they never had the class to let me know.

If you gave me a number in Mexico, I wouldn't call either. But seriously,I've had good experiences when Oceanic sent me parts at no charge and even went out of their way to do a hand delivery while in town for our local dive expo here in Jersey.

On the other hand, I've also been SOL with getting older parts that they no longer stock and/or have no cross-over parts from Aeris, or Hollis.

What was wrong with it? Was it an older model they no longer have parts for?

Phone number is a vonage line so no long distance call. Plus it has an answer message and I can pick up the reply via the internet. We left that phone number plus an email address when we sent the unit in. NEVER heard back regarding this which is very poor. Really doubt I will ever use an Oceanic product again. The BC is oh 4-5 years old and the threads where the overexpansion valve fits in werer broken. I have no problem with a message from Oceanic saying the unit cannot be repaired but nothing back from this sucks. Only reason I know about this is I asked a friend to call to check on the unit (we are in Europe right now)

just an update. Oceanic finally got back and apologized. Set me up with another "used" BC so I feel much better about Oceanic now. BC got lost so to speak when it arrived for repair.

You weren't going to buy an Oceanic product again just because they didn't call you? Are you serious? Why didn't you call them or send them an email? You have a Vonage service with a US number anyways. I really don't understand why you are complaining at all.

Augustus, glad to hear that they hooked you up with a working BCD.

I had a BC which had rear pocket wear and was 5 years old. They tried to repair it but due to the area worn they just couldn't disassemble it to repair and then get it back together again due to how they are assembled in the first place. They then offered me a near new DM second hand BC in better condition than mine for $60 which I thought was very fair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom