Bonaire mid-week mini-report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Despite somewhat unusual weather (a bit windier than normal and cloudy-to-overcast with one overnight of rain), we're having a wonderful time in Bonaire. Viz isn't quite as good as it normally is, probably running around 50-60 feet instead of the usual 80-100 but that doesn't mean we can't find great things to photograph. We've already seen the requisite Seahorse and Frogfish, and have also seen plenty of Tarpon, Barracuda, and turtles. Today (Wed) we found an enormous Midnight Parrotfish (which I happen to think are gorgeous) as well as two co-operative Squid. Tomorrow is our last day of boat diving (we all-beach/shore on Friday) and we plan on going to Forest, where there are two French Angelfish who got nuts when offered watermelon. The hope is to photo each person feeding some melon to the fish. On Friday morning, we'll do the Hilma Hooker, which will also be Wil Lemley's 1500th dive. Wil was one of my L.A. County ADP (Advanced Diving Program) students back in 1982 and it will be great to share this milestone with him, almost 31 years later.

I've been posting "Top 10" pictures each day in separate galleries on SmugMug ( www.kenkurtis.smugmug.com ). Take a peek!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom