Oceanic 30 day satisfaction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hueydok

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This may be an odd question but what exactly are the terms of the guarantee? The Oceanic website states "return your unused product in 30 days for a full refund". However, given that these are dive computers how would one know if they were satisfied until...er...one goes diving with them (at which point it is technically no longer unused)? I had heard that the 30 day policy was no strings attached - used or not - but the online statement seems to contradict that.

Why do I ask? Because I am currently torn between the VT4.1, the Atom 3.1 and the OC1 (I purchased one of each), and the acid test will be dives on all three to see how they perform underwater, visibility alarms, etc. Of course my LDS will not take it back on their own after even a single dive unless Oceanic would cover it, and they do not have rental units I can try out.

Any input from long-time Oceanic supporters as to the actual terms of the 30 day satisfaction guarantee? Thanks!

Best to check with oceanic and the dive shop you are using. It use to be even used as long as it was within 30 days and you had all the packaging. The bigest problem was the dive shop not understanding the program. The dive shop does not have to give you the money back they can give you a credit to buy at there store. if that what they want to do there only getting a credit as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom