Utila best dive resort or program for solo travellers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am considering a trip to Utila in July and was wondering if anyone knew the best resort to dive with or if there are any diving projects on the island (I am happy to volunteer for marine conservation projects or just continue on with some diving courses). I will be travelling alone so it is important that there will be other people around my age (20) who I can meet otherwise it will be a very lonely 2 weeks !! Thanks

You might want to look at places in town like Utila Lodge. The resorts I typically book for travellers (Laguna Beach Resort, Deep Blue, Utopia Village) have single supplement fees. As Utila is a backpackers destination of sorts you will have no trouble meeting folks your age in town. You may want to look up the whale shark research group as they may be able to use volunteer help. I recommend Utila Dive Center for local training and trips.

udc, altons and deep blue divers all offer excellent training at great prices, including accommodation. if you're only staying two weeks that may not be enough time to volunteer, with the training thats involved i'm sure that groups such as wsorc (whale shark and oceanic research) would want a longer commitment. 90% of the visitors to the island taking dive courses are 20-30yrs old so making friends will be very easy.

Back
Top Bottom