Chicagoland Outdoors Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juls64

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I know this show is almost all hunting and fishing related, but DEMA will be there. They have a pool set up for people to try scuba. We will be there on Sunday with our LDS.

The show is at Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont.

Juls

Juls64:
I know this show is almost all hunting and fishing related, but DEMA will be there. They have a pool set up for people to try scuba. We will be there on Sunday with our LDS.

The show is at Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont.

Juls

Maybe I'll check it out. Weather isn't gonna let me do much else!

I went to help out at this event today. The show itself was largely hunting and fishing. We had a pool set up and a "Try Scuba" type thing with several local diveshops working the booth. I wouldn't think too many would be interested.

Was I wrong!

I heard yesterday that they had like 120 people come thru on Friday. I knew that we would be BUSY on the weekend. Today when I showed up someone mentioned there were like 300 people yesterday. (I think they meant Fri & Sat combined, but not sure). Today was a constant stream of people. It was incredible.

So many people said they were there simply because they saw the ad to "Try Scuba". It was really great to see the excitement as people got their first little taste of this terrific activity. We took digital pictures of them suited up in the water and they got their printed picture with a little caption like " My first breath underwater", to take with them.

An incredible collaboration of local dive shops working together.

I'm glad that it worked out Juls. It is amazing what can be accomplished when people work together, isn't it? We have a big dive show out here in a few months. All of the dive shops that seem to spend their time cutting each other's throats will be working together to make this a nice event!

In a couple months? I didn't hear of a dive show last year????

Thanks,

Tom, the Saginaw Underwater Explorers have been working on it for a while now. One of my dive buddies has been trying to get me to join for a while and keeps me updated on their doings. I guess that a couple of the other major non-internet dive clubs are involved as well.

Supposedly, they have a former newscaster (turned producer of dive videos) that most of us from this area know set to give a presentation. I think it was supposed to be at SVSU. I'll have to get a picture of these business rivals in the same place with their presentations.

Brian,

If this actually happens, I'd be eager to go! Keep me in the loop if you hear about this thing actually getting off the ground this spring.

Keep warm!

frankenmuth_tom:
Brian,

If this actually happens, I'd be eager to go! Keep me in the loop if you hear about this thing actually getting off the ground this spring.

Keep warm!

Tom,

I will let you know WHEN I get a date for this. I have to talk to Chris about it! It is happening. It is all over SUE's message boards, but not a word about the date.

I will start a thread when I get more info.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom